The UW-Madison Badger Bonanza Lamb Show is right around the corner and we look forward to you coming out and exhibiting some of the best lambs in the state. For those of you who do Here are some important things to remember for show day.
- All animals will be checked by a veterinarian prior to getting off their trailer.
- Weigh-in will be from 8:00 to 9:30 a.m. on Sunday with the first show beginning promptly at 10:00. The second show will begin between 15-30 minutes after the conclusion of the first show.
- Both showmanship divisions will be held after each respective show.
- The judge for the first show will be Jared Whitcomb and the second judge will be Brent Titus.
The show will be held at the Arlington Public Events Center. As many of you know, this is a university facility and therefore there are biosecurity concerns. These rules are not made by our organization but instead are regulated for all events at this facility. After speaking with the superintendent, he has given me a list of things that you should note for show day.
1.Trailer parking will be limited to blacktopped or gravel areas around the facility. This means, absolutely no grass parking; no exceptions.
2. All trailers and animals must be at least 100 feet from the university feed mill (the large building with the Wisconsin "W" on it. This means that the water access attached to that building cannot be used. There will be water access near the entrance of the building and potentially a wash-rack area that will be designated on show day.
3. Animals are to be only brought into the building through the garage door just outside the ring and must be kept only on the gray-colored part of the floor. This means no animals will be brought through the doors on either side of the food area, nor will they be able to stand in there when waiting for their class.
4. We also ask for you to do the majority of your shearing at home. In the case that you are forced to do any clipping on the grounds we ask that you respectively pick up the wool you take off.
I know this seems like a lot of rules but in order to keep being able to use this facility we must abide by them. If you leave a mess for us to clean up it will force our organization to pay for it and make our fundraiser less profitable. Please share this with all other exhibitors.
We look forward to seeing you all on April 30. If you have any further questions regarding the show you can contact me at email@example.com or call/text at 715-304-9020.